“Safe” IBM type style can be interpreted as boring. What is right for you?
There are literally men who’s closets look like this. They are the IBM wanna-be’s. If clothing could come in a)charcoal b) navy c) white d) brooks blue and e) khaki and nothing else life would be great.
It’s easy and they feel it’s fool proof. There are no mistakes to be made.
But are there…?
Dressing day after day in two colors of suiting and one or two colors of shirts without any regard to exterior influences can make Jack appear a dull boy. And wearing a tie may not be enough to save you.
Color and pattern, line and style suggest energy. Creativity. Enthusiasm!
Here are some scenario’s when it matters:
- You are presenting or needing to connect to a group of younger business people. Like under 40.
- You are presenting or needing to connect to a group of people who are in a human resources line of work, or who value personal relationships more than financial goals.
- You are a mature individual “in transition” and needing to look on trend, current and up for the task at hand.
- You are on a date.
In these situations you want to ensure that you add a little interest to your look. Even the smallest unexpected like a pattern on your socks, or a colored pocket square will give some zest to your appearance. Take it a little further and you will bring a subtle pattern into your suit – here are two of my J Hilburn favorites:
I like these because there is some interest. You can see how easy it would be to connect one of them with other blues, even tans and browns in your tie that might connect with a great pair of shoes. And WOW – what a great outfit!
It’s easy to dress a little more creatively, especially when you have a personal stylist to help you choose. It’s my job to make sure we are keeping with in your comfort zone, but maybe wearing something that will inspire others to see you in a new light.
Ready to consider a new look?
I am a Personal Image Consultant – and it’s my job help you select what looks best on you, fits best on you, matching your style personality, and your budget.
Let’s talk about if any of my personalized, fast and efficient Image Consulting services are right for you:
- In your home consulting to determine how what you wear can support your goals (and make you look amazing!)
- Help organizing and clearing out your closet with a skilled eye for what looks best on you
- Provide high ROI shopping services or bring JHilburn custom clothing right to your home or office.
Call 800-798-1643 (or click) for an appointment today!