Which one fits your style AND is right for the shape of your face?
1. The button down is classic, and classically used improperly.
This is a casual shirt style.
The buttons are to avoid your collar flying in your face when you are playing polo or charging the enemy on your horse.
2. The straight collar is the classic, suitable for any shirt, it is most becoming for better dressing, with ties and suits.
Just about any man can wear the collar, which has about a 3 inch spread from point to point. Plan on tying a 4-in-hand tie knot with this collar, the proportions are right for it.
This is a conventional, traditional, elegant and completely appropriate selection for any occasion.
The dimension from point to point is closer to 4 inches. This collar could be worn either for style choice, or if the man has a larger scale, larger neck.
It would be in nice harmony with a larger knotted tie – a Windsor or Half Windsor.
The spread might be 5 inches or more. Some younger men like to pair these up with the new slim suits and narrower ties.
There are many other options as well, some are based on style such as Banded collars or collars with eyelets built in for tie bars. Some collars can be chosen to be in scale with the wearer, for example a two button high collar would balance a man with a long neck very nicely.
Nothing fits and looks better on YOU than custom. And no one picks your collar better either.
The easiest way to look your best is to make a single phone call.
What happens next? A Personal Image Consultant shows up at your home (or office), measures you in a snap, helps you choose from several hundred shirting fabrics, dozens of shirt style options…
- AND beautiful dress trousers, suiting and jeans
- AND gorgeous belts, leather goods and cufflinks for the trimmings,
- AND fabulous cashmere sweaters and outerwear to wrap it all up,
- AND it is ALL guaranteed!
Call 800-798-1643 (or click) for an appointment today!